Barefoot and fancy free!

Have you ever heard of barefoot or shoeless learning?  The concept is simple - you remove your shoes at the door, and learn! I love the idea as I am a 'remove shoes' kind of person, preferring a pair of comfy slippers or socks, any day!  I first heard of it from the remarkable Stephen Heppell.  Stephen creates learning environments - be they virtual or tangible - and has had international success at drawing out individual strengths and making them work for everyone.  I could wax lyrical about Stephen and once offered to jump in his briefcase in an effort to learn as much from him as possible!  The Shoeless Learning Space isn't his own idea, it's universal and often times cultural, but he talks about why it works at this link: http://rubble.heppell.net/places/shoeless/default.html.  I think I'll give it a go!